We're a retail technology and design firm that helps retailers unify their digital and physical retail experience to unlock the next wave of growth for their business. Kinetic is where leading retailers go to discover what their retail experience can be and to access the tech needed to create it.
The Kinetic Commerce SaaS platform connects with existing retail systems making them accessible, interoperable and ready to deliver real-time experiences to retail customers and associates across a suite of connected retail solutions including customer mobile apps, associate mobility apps, endless aisle displays, and connected shopping malls.
Kinetic Commerce was built from the inside out working with leading retail CTOs, CIOs and their IT teams to seamlessly integrate with an array of major retail systems and enable you to bring new solutions to market with maximum efficiency.
As a Kinetic platform engineer, you will contribute to our platform development team. You will be designing, implementing, improving, and maintaining different back-end services that are used by our products. We deliver our platform primarily with Elixir, Ruby, GraphQL, AMQP, and PostgreSQL, but will use other technologies and languages (such as Go, Vue, React, and Node.js) as appropriate to the problems being solved. We practice continuous integration and frequent automated deployments on AWS.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the core platform applications in Elixir and Ruby with PostgreSQL.
- Implementing service applications in Elixir, Ruby, Node.js or Go as appropriate.
- Researching and learning new technologies and incorporating them into existing and new platforms.
- Architecting and developing scalable systems.
- Improving and maintaining our existing platforms.
- Contributing to the platform infrastructure-as-code implementations with Ansible and Terraform.
What’s it Like Here?
- Dynamic, collaborative, team-focused
- Everybody sits together, not divided departmentally
- Always brainstorming, using whiteboards, collaborating, creating
- Work hard, play hard attitudes
- Catered lunches and drinks every Friday
Who Works Here?
- Thought leaders, not thought followers, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- People with the talent and drive to make ground-breaking products
- Engineers and designers who build the whole solution and see beyond the code
- People who value an exceptional user experience
- Passionate, self-motivated problem solvers who are calm under pressure
- Intellectually curious people discussing odd things
- Musicians, artists, dog lovers, coffee addicts, hot sauce experts
If you think you’re a fit then we’d love to meet you.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience can range from 3 years to 10+; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, equivalent program or equivalent experience.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, preferably with different paradigms. Production experience with functional programming experience such as Elixir, Erlang, Clojure, or Scala is preferred. Experience with Ruby (with or without Rails) is a plus.
- Experience developing scalable APIs. GraphQL design experience is a plus.
- Experience with deploying to Linux environments.
- Vigilant about building quality products.
- Excellent communication and creative problem solving skills.
- Experience using TDD/BDD.
- Experience building or integrating to an Continuous Integration/Delivery process.
- Solve platform problems at scale.
- A side project you're working on for fun/learning/etc.