We are a design and innovation firm looking for skilled back-end engineers to join our team.
Our mission is to enrich people's connections with the things in their lives through human-centred design and technological innovation. Our world-class designers and engineers collaborate with our clients to conceptualize, prototype, design, test, and commercialize beautifully connected experiences.
To achieve this we are building a centralized platform that acts as an operating system for connected environments. The platform offers an array of mobile, multi-device, and multiscreen solutions that can be used to bring any space to life- from connected shopping experiences in retail stores and commercial centres to connected living, leisure, and entertainment spaces.
We’ve helped redefine the urban grocery shopping experience and the online travel experience. And through one of the many startups we support, we’ve made the job hunt paperless and mobile for youth in the connected workplace.
As a software engineer at Kinetic, you will contribute to our platform development team. You will be designing, implementing, improving, and maintaining different back-end services that are used by our products. We use a variety of programming languages, databases, and technologies including Ruby, Elixir, Postgres, MySQL, GraphQL and Redis.
What’s it Like Here?
- Dynamic, collaborative, team-focused environment
- Relaxed, casual atmosphere
- Open office space
- Frequent team brainstorming and collaboration
- Good work/life balance
- Fridays consist of a catered lunch, free drinks, and the chance to show off the cool things your team has created
Who Works Here?
- People with the talent and drive to make ground-breaking products
- Engineers and designers who build the whole solution and see beyond the code
- People who value an exceptional user experience
- Passionate, self-motivated problem solvers who are calm under pressure
- People with the drive and capability to learn new technologies
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing back-end code using Ruby on Rails and Elixir
- Researching and learning new technologies and incorporating them into existing and new platforms
- Architecting and developing scalable systems
- Improving and maintaining our existing platforms
- Participating in code review
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Worked with Ruby on Rails, Node.js, or other comparable languages (we are not picky about the particular language)
- Vigilant about building quality products
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent program/experience preferred
- Experience building or integrating to a Continuous Integration/Delivery process
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with automated software testing
- A side project you're working on for fun/learning/etc